Mobile App Development Growth in Healthcare Sector
Mobile App Development Growth In Healthcare Sector
Why Are Mobile Apps Important In Healthcare Sector?
Mobile app development is a hot topic and organizations across industries are investing dollars in building business-specific applications for their end-users. Global healthcare facilities too on the way to transforming their traditional processes and delivering improved care services to patients through healthcare or digital healthcare apps.
Especially, the consequence of COVID-19 has augmented the scope of healthcare mobile applications. Mobile apps are geared like a driving asset for the healthcare ecosystem in the tough times of COVID season.
Driven by online doctor’s availability in emergency conditions, instant medication ordering & door delivery facility, tracking symptoms & identifying the virus load before getting into worst conditions, feasibility to book contactless at-home blood sample tests, and other features and functionalities, mobile healthcare apps have been assisting people in need of emergency services, especially in the pandemic. Hence, the demand for healthcare applications has been continuing and has gained significant momentum in the digital health industry.
On the other side, mobile healthcare applications also assist physicians and front-desk employees in many ways. For instance, telehealth-like intelligent health apps are assisting doctors to deliver instant access to patient health data and provide care services from remote locations. It will save the physician time and improve the care services.
Further, auto IP maintenance, invoice preparation, and insurance claiming apps are helping healthcare organizations better manage their front-desk and back-support operations in an organized way.
Hence, healthcare applications are playing a vital role in creating an interactive platform between patients and healthcare service providers for consulting, monitoring, diagnosing, treating, and prescribing medicines, etc. Mobile healthcare apps are important to digitize the future of healthcare services and enhance the virtual experiences of patients and doctors.
Mobile App Development Growth In Healthcare Sector
Driven by the use of Health & Fitness apps, mental wellness apps, online doctor consultation booking apps, and pharma delivery apps, the eHealth or digital health segment is expected to reach approximately USD 170.2 billion by the end of 2023.
Further, with over 11% of annual growth rate, the revenues of the global digital healthcare industry are expected to reach USD 256.3 billion in the next coming five years. Of total revenues, fitness, and well-being apps (like yoga & meditation apps, health-tracking apps, and nutrition-tracking apps) are expected to contribute the maximum share.
Secondly, eHealth apps like EMR (Electronic Medical Records), EHR (Electronic Health Records) processing applications, and Telemedicine apps would contribute to the growth of global healthcare systems.
Benefits Of Mobile Applications In Healthcare
Here are the top benefits of investing in healthcare mobile app development:
- Healthcare apps are best useful for providing personalized and patient-focused care services.
- Enhanced patient engagement
- Health apps allow patients to book audio or video consultations with specialists seamlessly and get diagnoses right from their places.
- Apps like Artificial Intelligence-based Electronic medical records and Electronic health records will help doctors in accessing confidential health details and providing diagnoses to patients who cannot visit hospitals.
- By digitally recording vital signs of patient’s health data, mobile healthcare apps prevent chances of data errors and ensure high-quality medical information in the database.
- Healthcare apps streamline operational processes and improve data management.
- Digital health apps offer hassle-free online payments in preferred payment methods, thus enriching users’ experiences.
- Workflow optimization & automation of staff duties scheduling
- Employee engagement and optimized internal communications
Must-have Healthcare App Features
The unique features make it more challenging for healthcare app developers.
- Best app size for ensuring quick download
- Simple registration and login process
- Flexible login access through user’s social media accounts
- Eye-catchy and user-friendly interfaces for app navigation
- Interactive dashboard feature for seamlessly redirecting users to the desired page
- Customized search and filters are two mandatory features in healthcare apps, especially in healthcare marketplace apps for making the user’s search easier and faster.
- Adding in-app video calling or chat facility in appointment scheduling apps makes healthcare apps more user-friendly and makes interactions more personalized.
- Simple and easy to upload personal healthcare documents for quick analysis and better treatment
- The GPS tracking system will help users to find nearby hospitals, lab centers, and clinics. This feature also plays an essential role in online medicine delivery apps to easily navigate the users throughout the application.
- Secure online payment facility for simpler and easier payments in preferred mode optimizes user’s experiences
- Notifications and reminders feature is used for sending alerts to the users on recent activities in the application.
- Reviews and rating feature is a must in healthcare apps. It helps app developers to monitor the user’s feedback on the app’s services and make immediate decisions on improving the app’s performance or functionalities.
These are a few basic and primary features of healthcare applications. However, the set of features will be varied based on the type of healthcare app. Let’s look at the top type of healthcare applications.
- General Healthcare Apps: These apps are primarily designed and developed for assisting patients in self-assessing their health conditions like monitoring temperature, glucose levels, stress, and blood pressure. This type of healthcare management app plays a key role in the better health management of individuals.
- Well-being & Fitness Apps: Yoga and meditation apps, nutrition tracking apps, and sleep-quality trackers will improve diet and body fitness and help people stay healthier.
- Online Consultation Apps: These types of healthcare apps are developed for booking online consultations with doctor’s right from their place. Hence, patients can book appointments at their preferred time slots and get treatments comfortably.
- Telemedicine Apps: These are AI-based healthcare apps useful for providing remote healthcare services by certified doctors.
- Online Drug Delivery Apps: Online medicine booking and delivery apps (Android/iOS) are marketplace apps where pharmacies can digitize their business and keep their brand available to individuals to order medicines 24*7.
These are a few types of highly-demanded mobile healthcare apps in the industry. Downloads of these categories from the app stress are increasing constantly. Based on your business purpose and objective, invest in the best healthcare app category.
How Much Does It Cost For Healthcare App Development?
The estimated cost of a healthcare app development will range from $35,000 to $200,000. However, the final cost of healthcare application development primarily depends on its type. It means that the cost of a diet or nutrition planning app varies in compared to the cost of an AI-based telemedicine app development.
Accordingly, certain other factors impact the development cost of mobile healthcare apps. Let’s look at the factors that impact the healthcare app development price:
Healthcare app features play a significant role in deciding the cost of mHealth apps. As discussed, you can get your healthcare app developed for as low as $35,000. But, adding an AI-based virtual assistant (AI Chatbot), in-app video calling functionality, and Geolocation tracking features will increase the app’s cost.
UI/UX Design Complexity
Here is another factor that impacts the cost of healthcare apps (Android/iOS). The cost of a healthcare app development with a simple design might cost as low as $30,000 to $45,000. A mobile app development with medium-level complexity and moderately advanced features will cost $65,000+. Similarly, the estimated cost of highly complex design with attractive interfaces will go beyond the estimated range of $200,000+.
Being a leading mobile application development company, we suggest making the app’s UI as simple as possible. Because an easy-to-use user interface will improve the user experience and increase customer retention.
Hourly Cost of Mobil App Developer
The cost of a healthcare mobile application development will also impact the hourly price of custom mobile application development companies you hire. On the other side, the hourly price majorly depends on the geographic location of the mobile app developers. Further, app development experience and industry expertise also impact the app developers’ cost per hour.
For instance, a mobile app development company in the USA will charge approximately $85 to $150 per hour. Similarly, top app developers in Dubai (UAE) will take $60 to $70. Accordingly, leading mobile application development companies in India will charge $25 and $50 per hour to develop mobile healthcare applications on a single platform (Android/iPhone).
The set of programming languages, UI frameworks, and tools that your mobile app development agency uses will impact the final cost of a healthcare mobile app.
Are you looking to hire a healthcare app development company?
You are in the right zone. At Hyena, we develop futuristic healthcare apps on Android, iOS, and Web platforms. We integrate AI, ML, and IoT-like next-generation technologies and build an efficient application at an affordable budget.
Let’s connect & Get a free app quote for healthcare app development.