Native, Web, or Hybrid Apps: Which Mobile Apps Gives Success to Your Business?
Native, Web, or Hybrid Apps: Which Mobile Apps Gives Success to Your Business?
Mobile applications have illuminated the digital ways for businesses to reach targeted customers seamlessly. Irrespective of the industry, mobile apps are revenue streams for companies and play a vital role in ensuring rapid business growth.
The popularity and demand for next-level mobile applications are propelling every year. The Apple app store and Google Play store are overwhelming with thousands of mobile apps. Businesses are investing and submitting plenty of mobile applications in stores. This digital strategy is generating attractive revenues and promoting the brand in a short span.
If you are planning to create a mobile application to stay competitive in the industry for the long run, you should aware of mobile apps types. You should choose the best app type like Native, hybrid, or web apps.
Herein, we would like to give a detailed guide on mobile apps types and their benefits. Firstly, we will look at a small brief on types of mobile apps.
Major Types of Mobile Apps
Choosing the right app is the foremost step in mobile app development. Irrespective of development cost, choose the best mobile app type that meets your business needs.
Here are the three major types of mobile apps.
Native Mobile Apps
Native mobile apps run on a single platform or operating system, either Android or iPhone/iOS. They are specific to the mobile operating system and cannot run on any other device. For instance, a mobile application build for iPhone operating system can only work on iOS devices.
Spotify, Twitter, and Facebook messenger are the most successful native mobile apps.
What technologies used for native apps development?
The best mobile apps development companies use different programming languages. Based on the app platform (Android or iOS), you need to choose the right technologies or programming languages for getting your app developed.
What are the advantages of building native mobile apps for businesses?
- Since native apps are dedicated to a single platform or device, or operating system, they are scalable, reliable, and ensure brilliant performance.
- Compared to the other mobile application types, native apps are efficient as they use resources of the specific device.
- Native mobile apps are robust and ensure quick response time.
- Apps provide a personalized user experience since they use local device UI
- Native apps access built-in features of the devices such as camera roll, contacts, Bluetooth, etc.
- A native application needs approvals from the respective OS to launch on devices or app stores. It assures app security and compatibility.
- They are accessible via mobile app stores.
Every coin has two faces. Yes. Even native apps are beneficial in many ways, the development of native apps also has a few advantages. They include:
What are the disadvantages of Native mobile apps?
- It takes more development time, and thereby the development cost of native apps are a little bit higher
- Code created for a device cannot be reusable for other platforms
- Acquires space in the device
- Needs to download the latest versions from app stores frequently
- Adding new features to the existing application is a complex process
- Higher maintenance and support costs
Even though the development time and cost of native mobile apps are higher, native apps performance, device compatibility, and simple UI offer an incredible app experience to users. Hence businesses can build customer loyalty faster.
If you plan to develop native apps to fuel your business profits, Hyena, the best native apps development company, is your perfect partner. Get in touch to know how much does it cost to build native mobile apps?
Web-based Mobile Apps
Web apps are another best choice to reach a targeted audience quickly across the world. Unlike native apps, users can directly access the app features via web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Users can download and install the app from the web into the device.
Marketplace apps, e-commerce apps, route navigation apps, social media apps are all come under web apps. Flipkart, YouTube, BookMyShow, and OLX are a few of the best revenue-generating web apps in the market.
Technologies used for web apps development
Oh the other hand, web apps do not require any special software development kits like Android SDK or iOS SDK. A web app can be build using web templates.
What are the Benefits of web-based apps development?
- Web apps are easy to maintain and quick to develop.
- Web apps require less device memory to download
- Web-based applications use common code for multiple platforms. Thus, app maintenance is trouble-free.
- Web-based apps can run seamlessly on the web and other mobile platforms (upon installation). Hence, the web apps development cost of less-expensive.
- Web apps are accessible either from iOS or Android using mobile data or an internet connection.
- Web apps do not need to download from the App Store or Google Play Store like Native mobile apps.
- The best thing about web apps is their auto-update functionality. It means users need not update the current version frequently.
Drawbacks with web-based apps development
- The performance and response of web apps ruin by the poor internet connection. It might decrease user retention rates.
- Web apps are less mobile-friendly compared to native applications.
- Web apps usage depends on the device’s browser type. All functionalities of the application might not support by the browser that the device has.
- Brand promotion through web apps has less scope compared to native mobile apps.
If a business wishes to offer mobile-friendly content over the internet to its customers, web apps development is the right choice. Hyena, the best web-based apps development company in the USA, creates cost-effective web applications that ensure quick load times and outstanding performance.
Hyena is one of the best web app developers in the USA and India. We are engaged in the development of user-friendly marketplace applications like Amazon or Flipkart.
Want to know the development cost to create feature-rich web-based apps like OLX? Get a free quote right now!
Cross-Platform or Hybrid Apps
Hybrid apps are a blend of web apps and native apps. The development approach of hybrid apps can be the same as web apps development but are wrapped in a native shell.
Hybrid applications are technically web apps in a native environment that connects with the mobile platform. Hence, hybrid apps ensure seamless performance across multiple platforms- Android and iOS.
Uber, Gmail, Twitter, Evernote, and Instagram are a few of the best examples of hybrid apps.
What technologies are best for hybrid apps development?
Advantages of developing Hybrid/cross-platform apps for businesses
- Hybrid mobile apps development combines the advantages of native apps and web-based applications. A few significant benefits of hybrid apps include-
- Hybrid apps development needs less development timeframe.
- Hybrid apps can handle the traffic.
- Hybrid apps offer high speed and performance.
- With enhanced UI/UX design, hybrid apps offer flawless performance across Android and iOS platforms.
- Hybrid apps load content and images quickly like native apps.
- A business can target both Android and iOS users since hybrid applications run seamlessly on various platforms without creating numerous code bases.
- Hybrid apps can be submitted in the Apple App Store and Google Play store with a common code. Hence, these apps are easy to maintain and are cost-effective.
- Offline access is another significant benefit of hybrid apps.
- Businesses can launch hybrid applications quickly since the applications do not require Apple and Google permissions to submit on stores.
- Like web apps, Hybrid apps are automatically updated. Hence, users can always use the latest version of the app.
Notable disadvantages of Hybrid apps
- Hybrid mobile apps are dependent on the browser speed of the device
- Functionality improvements of mobile web browsers might hamper the app performance
- Needs high internet connection to enjoy full features of the apps
- The applications are slower than native apps
Would you like to develop an Uber-like successful hybrid travel app?
Hyena, a leading mobile apps development company in the USA, is here. We create best-in-class and user-friendly mobile apps that hit app stores quickly.
Get a free quote for your app project!
Well. We come across all the three significant mobile apps popularized in the market with their unique benefits. Before commencing the development process, you should analyze the pros and cons of the native or cross-platform mobile apps development.
How to choose the best most appropriate app type for your business?
If you plan to develop an app for your business, you must analyze the below factors before choosing one app type among native, web-based, and hybrid.
- Used platforms of your target audience
- The competition level of the app type in your niche
- Evaluate market opportunities across App Store and Play store
- Availability of dedicated resources
- Features list
- Time constraint and Budget limit
Having in-depth knowledge of these factors would help you choose the best app type for your business.
If you are looking to launch your app quickly, go for web apps development. If you have limited resources and time, building hybrid apps or web apps is the best decision. On the other hand, if you want to create an app with high scalability and excellent performance, native apps development is a perfect choice.
Get our expert consultation in choosing the best app type for a profitable online business.
How much will it cost to develop an app in 2021?
Once you choose the app type, estimation of development cost matters a lot. A mobile application development cost might range from $10,000 to $400,000 based on the app requirements.
However, the final development cost of a mobile app depends on many factors. They include:
- App complexity level
- Features set
- Connected APIs
- UX/UI designs
- Development approach (Native, Web, or Hybrid)
- App Platform (iOS, Android, or Windows)
- Location and hourly rate of mobile app developers
These are the most significant factors that decide the development cost of mobile applications.
Get an estimated development cost for your app project for free!
Mobile apps development is the best approach to shift your business digitally and get success. Mobile apps help in avoiding hefty maintenance costs that you need to pour for running businesses offline.
Being the best mobile apps development services provider, Hyena is assisting businesses in developing top-notch mobile applications.
Let us know your app idea. We create a flourishing and futuristic mobile app for your business.